There are many situations in which dreaded mask shaming rears its ugly head:
· You are not wearing a mask. You are shamed because you don’t care about others. You’re a narcissist.
· You are the only one wearing a mask. You are shamed because you probably didn’t get the vaccine (even though you did). You also don’t care about others.
· You have a stylish mask. You are shamed because you chose fashion over effectiveness. You are a narcissist more concerned about appearances than about your fellow man.
· You have a funny mask. You are shamed because covid is no joke. What could you be thinking?!
· You have a multi-layered medical mask. You are shamed because you are too serious, a catastrophic thinker. Where is your sense of humor? Who do you think you are, a doctor?
I wanted to capture the subtleties of mask judgment for generations to come. They will read about the pandemic, the politics, and the divisiveness. Will they comprehend the self-consciousness and confusion?
This blog goes into the Time Capsule, with love,